Thank you for visiting our site. I have been training MMA for over 20 years and have traveled the world training and competing with the Best. I was an undefeated Professional Mixed Martial Artist. Now I am done competing and traveling, my goal now is to share my knowledge with my students to make them the best Martial Artist they can be. Martial Arts has changed my life and I want to give our students a positive environment to grow so they can learn great techniques but most overall become a great individual.
Give us a call or sign up now to come in and try a FREE Trial Class. Every journey starts with the first step!
Four years ago, in my mid-twenties, I was overweight and out of shape. I was miserable and wanted to change but lifting weights, running, and other traditional exercises did not appeal to me. I tried them and lost interest after a few weeks. I needed something that was more like a hobby but allowed me to exercise at the same time. A co-worker, who knew I was into the UFC, told me about The LAB. So I met up with Professor Lebrun the next week and have been training at The LAB ever since. I am in the best shape of my life now — even better than when I was in the Marine Corps. And I have learned real self-defence, discipline, humility, and confidence throughout the process along with meeting many life-long friends. I went from miserable couch-potato to being the BFC MMA Middleweight Champion..
-BFC MMA Middleweight Champion
As a matter of fact, there are all kinds of people from right here in Virginia discovering the benefits of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) training at The LAB MMA, and if you haven’t checked it out for yourself yet, then, well, you’re missing out big time.
Because while MMA will teach you how to defend yourself, it also gets you in great shape, builds strength and flexibility, and is pretty darn fun, too (it’ll never get stale like those monotonous, boring regular ol’ gym workouts can be).
- Shows You How To Defend Yourself
- Encourages Fat Loss
- Builds Strength, Power & Endurance
- Develops Focus & Mental Toughness
- Improves Your Cardio & Conditioning
- Increases Your Flexibility
- Reduces Stress
- Doesn’t Get Boring
- Increases Self Confidence
- Meet New Friends
Fighting may not be your calling, but the LAB offers everything from cardio classes to full out MMA sparring. There is something here for everyone. I encourage anyone looking for anything from losing a few pounds to realistic, proven self defence to stop by The LAB. Everyone I know that has trained at The LAB for at least a year has said it has changed his or her life, I know it changed mine. Odds are it will change your life, too.
– The LAB MMA Fighter
Let’s see if we can meet your needs…
Here’s more PROOF that our academy is the best MMA school for you to try:
We travel 4 hours just to train at The LAB MMA. I know coming up hear I am going to get to train with top notch guys and get top notch training.
Head Wrestling coach and mma fighter highly recommends The LAB MMA for it high level striking and Brazilian Jiu-jitsu.
World Class Instruction! Chad LeBrun is the Man.
– Frank Commacho
- You’ll experience the mental and physical “rush” that comes with MMA training (not only is it exciting, but it’s a whole lot of FUN too!)
- You’ll get into kick-butt shape – and FAST (many of the world’s strongest and best-conditioned athletes are MMA fighters – we’ll show you how they do it)
- You’ll develop “functional muscles” not bulky do-nothing muscles (you’ll become a lean, mean, fighting machine and get even STRONGER than you were before – even if you’re a weight lifter – because you’ll build functional muscles by doing “sport-specific” exercises and drills that make you “fighting strong”)
- You’ll learn a mixed martial arts fighting system with an organized curriculum that takes the “guess work” out of learning
- You’ll learn the basic fundamental principles and techniques you need to have in order to improve as quickly as possible
- You’ll be in a safe, structured environment – safety is our #1 concern – so you won’t have to worry about getting injured (you won’t even have to spar or get hit if you don’t want to)
- You’ll be able to work at a pace that’s right for you so that you can personally absorb and retain all the information you learn
- You’ll be taught by professional instructors who are trained to “build you up” as a student
- You’ll discover strength and conditioning exercises and MMA drills that UFC fighters use to prepare get in shape for their fights
- You’ll be a part of a proven MMA system that gives you maximum results in minimum time (we are committed to making sure you improve every single time you set foot in our MMA academy)
- You will transform your body into a kick-butt fighting machine (you’ll feel stronger, faster, and better than you ever have before)
- You will learn techniques and strategies for self-defense and competition (what’s so great about MMA is that it’s one of the only martial arts where just about every single technique is something you can use on the street as well)
- Our instructors will “walk you by the hand” and teach you our secrets to MMA success
- You’ll get our proven MMA training method that can take a total “newbie” and transform you into a bonafide MMA expert
- You’ll have a variety of classes to choose from (striking, ground, mma, takedowns, beginner, advanced, sparring, no-sparring, technique-only, open mat time, etc.)
- You’ll be trained by champions.
- You will learn physical and mental preparation for the street or in the fight cage
- You’ll be taught by trainers that can not only fight well but more importantly, they will train YOU properly to ensure you get the most out of our MMA program and become a complete fighter (whether you want to compete or not)
- You’ll work out in a positive atmosphere where you are treated with RESPECT
- You’ll get help from our professional, courteous staff (we don’t try to intimidate people or show how “tough” we are; we don’t need to; it isn’t about our “ego” anyway – it’s about what we can do for YOU and how we can build you up into the best shape of your life while learning how to fight MMA in the process)
- You’ll improve your flexibility which helps prevent injury and makes you stronger (you’ll be able to punch hard, kick higher, and be even more dangerous with your ground fighting techniques)
- You’ll discover how to knock almost anyone out cold (you’ll learn how to strike hard and where to strike for maximum effect)
- You’ll learn sneaky submission holds that end a fight quickly and efficiently without things getting messy
- You’ll learn how to fight in “close quarters.” Fact: Close combat fighting skills can save your life (this is especially important for law enforcement and military)
- You’ll learn chokes, arm locks, leg locks and other ways to finish a fight without have to throw a single punch or kick
Professor LeBrun is the best I have had the opportunity to train with at combining the striking and grappling together. Knowing that he has been in the cage fighting at a professional level makes me feel like I am in the right place!!
– Jason Wright, business owner
Here’s exactly what to do:
Call our Academy at 540-850-8561 and start your journey today.
Or just sign up online and we will call you to schedule a day for you to come in and try your FREE Trial Class.
We look forward to seeing ya on the mat!
Chad LeBrun – Founder, The LAB MMA