You see that “Warning” at the top there, well, it’s there for good reason. Because if you’re the least bit serious about learning how to defend yourself, then you absolutely must know the proven, “battle-tested” ground-fighting techniques of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Here’s why….
“Most – nearly ALL – fights end up on the ground or in grappling range at one point or another.” That’s a FACT. That means basically that if you don’t know how to defend yourself on the ground, you’re putting yourself (and even your loved ones) at extreme risk. Let’s face it. If Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a “must-know” thing for profession mixed martial arts fighters like the guys fighting in the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) these days, it should most definitely be a “must-know” for pretty much anyone. That’s because the “fight-ending submissions” and “fight-controlling positions” of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu have been battle-tested in combat, in a cage, in a ring and on the street.
I have been a martial artist for over 20 years and have yet to encounter a system that so efficiently and effectively equips a practitioner to defend themselves in a real combat situation. Over the course of my training I’ve acquired two black belts in the striking arts, but felt significantly more capable after a few hours with Chad. Great system, great instruction!
Skinny Guy From Brazil Wins 1st UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) Using ‘Secret’ Grappling Techniques
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (or “BJJ”) has been around for a long time, long before a no-holds-barred fighter from Brazil named Royce Gracie made it popular in the early ‘90s when he won the very first UFC – which at the time were “bare knuckle” and had “no rules” – and he won it in dominating fashion, ending all of his fights on the ground using his BJJ “secret techniques”. The crazy thing about what Royce Gracie did was that he was only around 180 pounds when he fought. He was this skinny little guy; he didn’t “look” like a fighter. But he won and exposed a glaring weakness in all of martial arts… that most people were absolutely clueless on how to defend themselves once a fight got to the ground. At the time these mysterious moves this fighter was using were secrets to MOST people because hardly anybody in America was aware of them at the time. You had these huge, strong, scary-looking guys who had skills on their feet but once they got within grappling range, the fight went to the ground and it was all over.
The Ultimate Self Defense & Ground Fighting System
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu was developed over many, many years as a fighting and self-defense system that will allow a smaller, weaker person to control a much bigger, stronger opponent using technique. These techniques were proven effective in combat years ago and still today, the world’s top mixed martial arts (MMA) fighters are ALL learning Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. And just because the world’s best fighters are using THIS particular martial art on the ground, doesn’t mean you have to be a “fighter” or some kind of world class athlete to learn it. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is for EVERYONE!
I really wanted to get my BJJ skills better but at my first school I quickly realized not all BJJ schools are the same. I did some research and realized the school I was at was not a qualified BJJ School. They were just teaching it because it was popular and I realized they were unqualified. Through my research I found that Professor LeBrun trained directly under the Gracies and was a Certified Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt. On top of that he was one of the nicest guys I had ever meet. I instantly felt at home at The LAB. The whole staff of Instructors at The LAB are top notch technically and it truly feels like they are passionate about making me the best I can be. I highly recommend The LAB’s BJJ Program.
- Shows You How To Defend Yourself
- Encourages Fat Loss
- Builds Strength, Power & Endurance
- Develops Mental Toughness
- Improves Your Cardio & Conditioning
- Increases Your Flexibility
- Reduces Stress
- Doesn’t Get Boring
I am an Instructor here at the LAB MMA have been training for over 8 years and by far The LAB MMA is the best place to train.
– Steve Holt
After wrestling I wanted to find something to do and found The LAB and it has changed my life.
– Corey Brown,
Top BJJ competitor
Brazilian Jiu-jitsu compliments any style! I have been training at The LAB for 8 years and have not found anything better.
Great instruction and a great environment.
– Professor Leo Dalla
WHO Is Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu For?
“BJJ Is For EVERYBODY! Literally, ANYONE Can Do It!”
- You Don’t Have To Be Flexible…
- You Don’t Have To Be Strong…
- You Don’t Need To Have Previous Athletic Experience…
- You Don’t Have To Be In Shape…
On top of that, while you’re training here, you’ll get no pressure to compete. Some of our students compete and many of our students don’t – it’s all up to you. You won’t get any pressure from us. What we do promise you, though, is that we will do everything in our power to help you achieve your goals in BJJ, no matter what they are.
- You’ll learn “tried and tested” techniques, not unproven-in-combat
- Theoretical stuff that’s in a lot of those “other” martial arts
- You’ll learn submission techniques that end a fight or match quickly and efficiently without things getting “messy”
- You’ll develop close combat fighting skills can save your life (this is especially important for law enforcement and military)
- You’ll discover techniques and strategies for self-defense (street fighting) and competition (in the ring, on the mat, or in the cage)
- You’ll learn brutal chokes, arm locks, leg locks and other ways to finish a fight without have to throw a single punch or kick
- You’ll learn fight-ending submission holds that will make your attacker cry “uncle!” in no time flat
- You’ll discover how to control and defeat larger attackers who are stronger than you are
- You’ll transform into a knowledgeable grappler even if you have no previous experience (in fact, many students who visit us for the first time never did sports or martial arts before; they just want to give BJJ a try)
- You’ll be a part of our team and you’ll be treated with respect by our professional, courteous staff (we don’t try to intimidate people or show how “tough” we are; we don’t need to; it isn’t about our “ego” anyway – it’s about what we can do for YOU and how we can build you up into the best shape of your life while learning how to grapple in the process)
- You’ll be part of a team where coaches and instructors CARE about you and your success
- You’ll learn the basic BJJ fundamental principles and techniques you need to have to get to a more advanced level (we’ll teach you exactly what you need to know to become a quality grappler)
- You’ll be able to train and practice at a pace that you can personally absorb and retain all the information you learn in the most effective way possible
- You’ll be able to get a great workout and learn crucial self defense and life-saving grappling techniques while not having to worry about getting injured (safety is our #1 priority)
- You’ll be training in a safe, structured environment
- You’ll experience the mental and physical rush of BJJ training as you learn techniques that you’ll be able to apply on an attacker or opponent in a real live scenario.
- You’ll have inside access to all our professional instructors who are trained to “build you up” as a student
- You’ll get stronger, get tougher, you’ll improve your endurance and stamina along with your cardio and breathing not to mention looking better and feeling better (after training with us for less than 30 days we are sure your friends will be asking you what you’ve been up to)
- You’ll get exceptional service (We pride ourselves on the value we give to our students. If you have a question about anything at all, we will answer it. If you have any problems, we’ll solve them. If you need help, we will help you. We are 100% committed to your personal development as a BJJ practitioner.)
Fighting may not be your calling, but The LAB offers everything from cardio classes to full out MMA sparring. There is something here for everyone. I encourage anyone looking for anything from losing a few pounds to realistic, proven self defence to stop by The Lab. Everyone I know that has trained at The Lab for at least a year has said it has changed his or her life, I know it changed mine. Odds are it will change your life, too.
– Josh Wylie – Lab MMA Fighter
What to do to get started
Just give us a call at 540-850-8561 or simple just put in your info and we will call you to set up your Free Trial Class.
Martial Arts has changed my life and I want to give you the opportunity to have it change your life as well. You will come in for one reason but I guarantee you will get way more out of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu than you would have ever thought.
It has reinforced my moral compass of respect, discipline, and honor, plus kept me in great shape and given me an awesome self-defense system.
Chad R. LeBrun
P.S. See ya on the MAT!